Date(s) - 06/12/2018
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Shine Conference Centre
Building a wider story of wellbeing, kindness, collaboration & care
Join us for this engaging event, moving towards a Leeds Festival of Compassion and Wellbeing 2020. This event will explore:
- What makes communities healthy supportive places to live?
- How are neighbourhoods already contributing to personal and social wellbeing in a wider way?
- How can we discover and spread the positive work already being done?
- How could a Festival of Compassion and Wellbeing offer an opportunity to support, acknowledge and celebrate local people helping local people?
This event is for anyone interested in supporting and developing kindness and wellbeing in their communities whether informally as a local person, as a community activist or professionally in, at or through their work.
Exploring Common Ground is one of a series of events over the next 18 months aimed at bringing people together who see the value of a festival in offering an opportunity for people to share and develop a wider story of compassion, care, and wellbeing at the neighbourhood level and in the public space.
The purpose of the event is to co-create and spread communities of practice which will discover, connect, spread and celebrate Leeds as a City of compassion and wellbeing.
The cost: Attendance at the event, which also includes lunch, is by voluntary donation. Our suggested donation for those in full employment is £25 or £15 for others. Note there are some free places available for local community activists – please contact the organisers below for further information.
- Andy Bradley, Frameworks 4 Change
- Philipa Bragman, Change People
- Zoe Ferguson, Carnegie UK Trust
- Matthew Barber, Spaces of Hope
The day will also include facilitated world café style, open space discussions.
For further information:
- Contact Angela Burnett at Compassion and Wellbeing 2020 or Josh Malkin at Network of Wellbeing
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Mobile: 07890 682026
- To book your place click here