The Network of Wellbeing (NOW) has been running a free ‘Building Wellbeing Together’ webinar series for the past six months. In this webinar we did something a little different.
NOW’s Director Roger Higman shares why we see wellbeing as such an important and radical frame for change, and then we open up into a wider participatory discussion about how we can build an active network to connect and support others who share this understanding. In this post you can find the full video, plus a list of highlights and details on further webinars.
If you don’t have time to watch the full webinar video, then you can check out some of the highlights:
- At 2 minutes 30 seconds: Roger explains how he first got active on wellbeing
- At 5 minutes 30 seconds: We explore why wellbeing can be seen as a radical framework for change
- At 10 minutes 20 seconds: We have a discussion on a balance between caring for self, others and the world
- At 13 minutes 50 seconds: Practical ways we support building wellbeing together
- At 22 minutes: We share a short guided mindfulness break
- At just before 26 minutes: We welcome Lisa Pidgeon to share her wellbeing work at Little Bird SOS.
- At 37 minutes 10 seconds: We welcome Ben Ward to share his wellbeing work at World Jungle.
Thank you to Lisa and Ben and all those who joined us and shared their amazing wellbeing-related work and projects! It was brilliant to have such an interactive discussion.
Check out further webinars:
To stay up to date on future webinars you can visit the Events section of our Facebook page.
We are currently running webinars once a month, on (or close to) the last Tuesday evening of the month.
The next webinar will be The Place of Kindness featuring the Carnegie UK Trust on Tuesday 31st July at 6pm UK time. Please register for your free place here.
Plus, you can watch videos of our previous webinars via the links below:
- The role of happiness in social change with Alex Nunn
- Towards a global wellbeing economies alliance with Katherine Trebeck
- How society could be happier beyond GDP with Liz Zeidler
- Positive psychology and finding your purpose with Michelle Preston
- Happier self, happier world with Shamash Alidina