Here at NOW we believe in building wellbeing together, and we are therefore happy to share and celebrate others’ work on our blog.
Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest blog post to the Network of Wellbeing (NOW). Please read the below guidelines carefully before submitting a post.
All blog posts should be based on an understanding that personal wellbeing cannot be achieved in isolation from community, society and the natural world. We believe that a person’s wellbeing depends on the wellbeing of the community in which they live and work, while the wellbeing of their community depends on the wellbeing of society as a whole, and the long-term health of the natural world on which we all depend. We accept posts that are based on this wider understanding of wellbeing as holistic, social and relational.
Categories of wellbeing:
Within this wider understanding of wellbeing we have identified some key categories and themes to organise contributions. These are listed below (themes in bold, categories italics) and it’ll be helpful if your post clearly links to one theme and one category. If you’d like to, you can include a note about this at the end of your blog contribution (at the end of the post body box). Otherwise, the NOW team will categorise this for you.
- Your wellbeing: Happiness, health, creativity, nature
- Your community: Kindness, inspiring projects, resources
- Our world: Beyond GDP, healthy planet, ideas / analysis
We do not accept any posts that are purely commercial in purpose, for example those that explicitly want to advertise a certain product or service. We do not include promotional links to for-profit businesses on our blog, but we are happy to highlight the services and events of those who are working in a way that is aligned with our understanding of wider wellbeing. If a guest post meets these standards then we do always acknowledge contributors and include a link back to the website of the contributor.
Generally a blog post should include:
- An introduction that states the key points of the post.
- Details of how the post’s content links to wider wellbeing (as outlined above).
- Link to further information, wherever possible/ relevant.
Audience and writing style:
- Through the Network of Wellbeing’s blog we seek to make wellbeing-related news, events, research and campaigning, accessible and interesting to a wide audience. Therefore, blog posts should generally try to be snappy and succinct in language use. That said, we do not wish to shy away from complex ideas; we just want to ensure to present content in a way that is accessible.
- We like to share quite short and accessible posts; generally they should be between 400-600 words, and no more than 700 words at maximum.
- It can be helpful to use headings and bullet points to break up text, where possible/ suitable.
- Photos are needed for all blog posts.
- Please make sure that all rights for sharing are clear and you provide any required attribution.
- Please provide photos in as high resolution as possible (ideally at least 1600px x 700px).
- We may contact you to ask for additional images to accompany your post.
- We are also happy to embed videos in guest blog posts. If you’d like to include a video please just include the link (for example to the video on YouTube or Vimeo) within the post body section of the submission form.
Submission and sharing process:
- You can submit a post directly here.
- Once you have submitted a post someone from the NOW team will then review your post, and may then let you know if any final edits are needed before publishing.
- Once your post has been published NOW will email you the link, and also share the link via NOW’s social media channels. We’ll also invite you to share via your own social media channels and networks too, if possible.
- Please be aware that we receive a large number of suggested guest posts, and so it may take us a while to get back to you after you submit a post.
If you have any questions or need any further information please get in touch.