Date(s) - 12/02/2019
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
We are living in rapidly changing times. How can we take radical action to better care for the world, while also caring for ourselves?
Join the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) and Advaya Initiative – in partnership with Action for Happiness – for an evening with an inspiring panel of changemakers. Together we will explore what mindfulness, wellbeing and happiness have to do with changing the world.
Tickets available via Eventbrite >>
In today’s world, we are learning more about what can help us to create truly thriving lives and societies, and many people and projects are working towards more positive visions of the future. Yet alongside this, there are so many social, political and environmental challenges facing us that it can feel overwhelming. It can be hard not to become frustrated, demotivated and hopeless.
Through the evening we will ask:
- How can we sustain our activism in the long term?
- How can we maintain the strength to confront the problems of the world, and build new ways of doing things that are better for people and planet?
- What role do practices and topics such as mindfulness, wellbeing and happiness have to do with activism and changing the world?
We will be joined by a panel of inspiring, active and engaged speakers including:
- Asad Rehman, Executive Director of War on Want
- Alex Nunn, Head of Movement Building at Action for Happiness
- Shamash Alidina, Author, Mindfulness Teacher and Founder of Museum of Happiness
- Kara Moses, Rewilding Facilitator, writer and activist
- Paula Haddock, Co-organiser of the Mindfulness and Social Change Network, mindfulness trainer and Ulex Project/Ecodharma trainer and advisor.
This event is kindly supported by Eco Soul Hostel, a hub and hostel where people who share values of social change, sustainability and inner wellbeing can connect and inspire each other.
For further details and to book your ticket please visit Eventbrite >>
Stay updated and share this event with friends via Facebook >>