We need to discover new, more liberating stories around our own and each others mental distress – it can be hard being human, and deep compassion for ourselves and others is needed.
This video shares a discussion with Andy Bradley on Compassionate Mental Health, with highlights listed below.
- At 4 minutes 20 seconds, we explore the links between mental health and shame, and start to discuss how to deal with shame compassionately.
- At 13 minutes, we explore in more detail what a more compassionate approach to mental health could look, sound and feel like.
- At 22 minutes, Andy shares about his own mental health journey.
- At 31 minutes, Andy shares a practical exercise, which helps guide people to the question: ‘What do I need?’
- At around 41 minutes, we explore questions from the audience on topics such as creating welcoming community spaces where we can deeply listen to each other.
Throughout this webinar a variety of events and useful resources are mentioned, and we have shared a selection of these below:
- For further details on Andy’s work, check out Frameworks 4 Change, the organisation he founded.
- Upcoming events mentioned on the webinar include:
- Some people resources mentioned during the webinar include:
Building Wellbeing Together:
This webinar is the second in a series of online events exploring how we can build wellbeing together in our own lives, in our communities and in harmony with nature. Find out more about past and future webinars here.
With huge thanks to Andy Bradley, to Compassionate Mental Health and to all participants who made this webinar a very wonderful interaction.